Arts Management Training
Artéma’s training activities are continuously aimed at communities and development since the majority of activities focus on people involved with the management of community arts organisations.
The training approach followed by Artéma entails the practice-based compilation of courses/workshops in order to take it to those individuals in need of training. Our goal is to train people from grass-roots level upwards and not vice versa. After attending our courses, people should be empowered to go back to their communities and make a positive difference since that is where the primary need of basic expertise and management skills in the arts environment lies. Without these skills, access to funding on grass-roots level will be nearly impossible and without funding or basic knowledge to ensure sustainability, the arts community will suffer.
The training format includes:
- basic training sessions for the management of arts organisations on campus;
- workshops, attendance courses; and
- learnership programmes as well as the subject Arts Management (MUSB).
By the end of the short course, the attendees will have a good understanding of and insight into:
- team-work, discipline and communication
- ethics in the workplace
- the elements on arts and culture
- why we need the arts
- what is an artist?
- arts management relations
- business tools in the arts
- budgeting in the arts
- marketing in the arts and culture:
- funding community arts
- project management in the arts
- people and terminology’s in the arts world
- working in and managing community arts
This course is designed for every person working in the administrative and management side of the arts as well as the person who is involved in the arts and culture environment in their communities serving on the management committee of an arts / culture organization.
Duration: 3 days