Who is Artéma
Artéma is the Institute for Arts Management and Development at the North-West University (Potchefstroom campus). This institute came into operation on the 1st of December 2003 and focuses on the empowerment and training of people involved on the management and organizational side of the arts environment.
Artéma is the first institute of its kind in South Africa that serves the arts in collaboration with as many role players as possible by training managers and administrators in the arts
Artéma dreams to become a dynamic leading role-player within the Southern African arts community, by presenting arts management and related disciplines training on international standard and to successfully manage other arts businesses on a sustainable level.
- Presenting a variety of university accredited short courses on a sustainable level.
- Relevant research within the arts environment.
- Presenting arts development projects on all levels of society.
- The profitable and sustainable operation of Artéma Recording Studio.
- The profitable and sustainable operation of Alabama Productions.
Artéma is proud to have achieved amongst others the following since the beginning of 2004:
- presented 97 short courses, and 7 Learnership Programmes,
- empowered ± 2 000 people in these training interventions,
- developed 7 training programmes,
- organised and presented 3 National Arts Management Symposia,
- produced 5 musical productions on campus
- established a fully equipped professional recording studio on campus,
- undertook research trips to the USA, Great Brittain and Sweden.